[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian Draft Records

Beth Burke mackzie at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 18:11:08 PST 2015

Good Frosty Evening Friends!

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a source where I can find Russian draft
records.

I am currently researching the surname Tietz, and according to a family
history book that I have, Jakob Tietz was drafted into the Russian Army and
supposedly served approximately 25 years in a "hand-picked guard unit" from
approximately 1848-1873.

His eldest son, Louis, was also supposedly drafted and served under Czar
Nicholas.   He went MIA sometime between 1897-1900, ended up in Canada, but
settled in Gillett, Wisconsin.

Stay warm everyone,

Beth Burke

Verona, WI