[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Question about using Legacy for non-family info ... sort of

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 06:56:08 PST 2015

Thanks for answering my question! I agree with you that the EWZ is shaky,
genealogically speaking. For this village I have in some cases extended
families with enough detail to check against other records. And then there
are younger people who were documented without families.

The oral history I have about this village says many of the people came
from Volhynia. But the "parent/grandparent" generation would fall in the
time frame where the St Pete records are not available. In some cases, the
EWZ information crosses that gap and I may be able to go back in time. I've
also seen some hints that the same names appear in the same places as my
family in Volhynia and again in this village. So maybe I can get some clues
from this exercise.
​​
And it's winter and long, cold evenings are a good time to work on family
research. :)