[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Marriage Record

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Jan 11 17:00:19 PST 2015

Linda,

I extracted many German records for the Master Pedigree Database from
Catholic churches in the Sompolno area and also Chodecz.  There were many
marriage records along with births and deaths.  Sometimes there were fewer
death records than expected.  It appears that if the Germans could not
travel to a Lutheran church they didn't hesitate to marry in the Catholic
church.  The record often indicated that they were "acatholic" (meaning not
catholic) in Latin records or that they were "Luteran" if in Polish records.
By about 1850, most people could get to a Lutheran church for marriages.

Dick Stein