[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Needing help in translating a wedding document

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:56:31 PST 2015

Attn: Martin & Corinne Arnold,

A good Polish friend of mine has kindly translated the wedding document entry
Number 261, the marriage of Christian Dreilich and Emilie Dering.

(If you've already had this translated, then this one could be a good
confirmation for you. Hoping this helps in your research - Rachael
Patterson (author of Homeland Lost - GJ Rachael Patterson)):

"It happened in Zgierzu 23 September 1853 at 12pm . His name Krzysztof
Szmitka -person guarding sheep ( or shepherd or  owner of the sheep - I'm
to sure, because this is very old polish) from Wola-Branicka, 37 years old
with witnesses Krzysztof Szulc, 48 years old and Edward Szulc, 22 years
old, both shepherds from Bechcice,
proved ( or showed) baby boy, born in Wola-Braniceka 21 September at 11am from
his wife Anna Elzbieta ( from Remus - but I'm not sure - I can't understand
it)
28 years old. This child during the baptism received name Ludwik, his
godparents are Edward Szulc and Rozalia Szmitka.
Read and accepted by his father and witnesses, who don't know how to
written - X.H. Banda ( or Bancha) Pastor."