[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Skubovious, Manitoba

Mhairi Patterson variruth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:46:02 PST 2015

I have recently received a marriage record for my Uncle Gustav Schmitke and
Jannie Skubovius (her parents Ludwig Skubovius and Frederika Ziebart).
They were married in "German Baptist Church" in Winnipeg in 1912.

I found her parents and family on census records in Lisgar, Manitoba
between 1901 & 1916.  There is no child named Jannie but there is a Hannah
that seems to be about the correct age.

Family is:
Ludwig Skubovius born 1855
Frederika Ziebart born 1860
their children:
Frederick born 1888
Hannah (Jannie?) born 1891
Edward born 1894 Manitoba
Martha born 1897 Manitoba
Albert born 1900 Manitoba
Albert #2 born 1904 Manitoba
Adam born 1908 Manitoba

Does anyone know this family so I can firm that Jannie is actually Hannah?

Is/was there a church in Winnipeg called "German Baptist Church"?

Mhairi Patterson