[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wjasowich, Wohylnien

Nancy Cramer gglbs at sccoast.net
Thu Jan 15 18:21:03 PST 2015

Hello Listers,

Are their any people on this list who are searching for ancestors who lived
in Wjasowich, Wohlynien?

This area is now in the Ukraine and probably has a different name.    My
ancestors were from Germany

but my Grandmother Matilda Witzke was born in "White Russia" or "Prussia".
The family later moved

to the Wohlynien area.    Her father was Gustav Witzke.   In 1910 when she
was 18, she came to the United States but I

have always tried to find out what happened to her family that remained in
Wjasowich, Wohlynien.

I have very little information on the family that was left behind.  I have a
portrait of the family and some copies

of some old letters between Grandmother Matilda and her father.  The last
letter was dated around 1931.

Is there anyone on this list who is searching in this area?

Thank you so very much,

Nancy Cramer

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina