[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Milyn, Rivne, Volhynian

Helen Lallo helen_lallo at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 17:19:24 PST 2015

I have been trying to break the mystery of exactly where in Volhynia my German Lutheran great grandparents Eisbrener/Milke came from as no one in our extended descendant line has any idea.

They immigrated to Neche, North Dakota in the late 1890's a year apart.  Both of them, and the Weiss family that August came with, stated on ship manifests that they came from Jalowitz.  Also Lutheran church records in Gretna, Manitoba also list other immigrants who came from Jalowitz.
Their son who was born just before immigration stated in WW1 documents that he was born in Rivne, Wohlynia.
Through researching SGGEE articles I found a spreadsheet with:
Jalowicze, Milyn, Rivne, Volhynian    North 503855 -- East 252340 --- Ukrainian name Яловичі - which I believe is the most likely place they came from.
My question to all SGGEE experts out there - do you have any recommendations of next steps for researching that particular area for hiring researchers, archives/records? I can't find anything on the Milyn area through internet searching and researching the Volhynia sites.
Thanks, Helen