[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wjasowich, Wohylnien

Earl Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 18 14:51:26 PST 2015

Nancy, the Witzke surname caught my eye as I'm sure it has also caught the eye of several others on this listserve.  There is a small group of SGGEE members who are connecting with DNA between Lublin and the Rypin area parishes.  One of the surnames that many share is Witzke and we are hoping that we can link these people together using that surname.  I don't know if you have done an autosomal DNA test, called Family Finder at FTDNA but that would be a good way to know if you also belong to these Witzke descendents and if so, it may give us, and you, some clues as to where to look for further records.

If you decide to take the test and can transfer your results to Gedmatch so we can compare it to others, then we'll see what we can learn.  I can help you with that process off-line if you write to me or you can send me your Gedmatch # and I will make sure the other Witzke researchers check out the results.

Thanks and good luck in your research.

Earl

Message: 4