[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] photos wanted

Richard Benert benovich at live.com
Fri Jul 10 11:43:14 PDT 2015

I have just received a letter from Mykhailo Kostiuk, author of Die Deutschen in Wolhynien and a recent list of liquidated German colonists in Volhynia, and organizer of a conference on the history of Germans in Volhynia in Lutzk in early October.  He intends to give a presentation at this conference on the subject of Volhynian-German life in North America, and would like to have a nice collection of 40 to 50 photos illustrating various aspects of the voyage over, resettlement, life in the New World, etc.  Anyone who has photos they would like to share for this purpose is welcome to send them to me.  I will collect them and send them on to Mr. Kostiuk.  The photos should be accompanied by explanatory comments, as informative as possible.

He also asks whether there is anyone willing to write an article on Volhynian-German life, its organization and research efforts.  Such an article would be of interest to many in Ukraine and would be published in the Conference papers.

Hoping for an enthusiastic response!

Dick Benert