[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Correction

Richard Benert benovich at live.com
Sat Jul 11 12:44:29 PDT 2015

Yesterday, in a post concerning Mychailo Kostiuk’s conference in Lutsk and his request that someone in North America write an article for the conference papers, I made a gross error in not making it clear that the article should be about Volhynian-German life IN NORTH AMERICA, not in Volhynia.  I assume that such an article would deal with when VGs came to America and how, where they settled, their mode of life, religious practices, social customs, formation of VG societies and publications (Wandering Volhynians & SGGEE), etc.  Surely there must be someone among us who could write something like this that would let European students and scholars know that we exist as a viable community and as a possible receptive audience for any research they may want to do about our ancestors.  I’ll be happy to hear from anyone!

Dick Benert