[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mennonite cemetery in Trylu

Sig Tullmann sigtullmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 13:05:14 PDT 2015

I agree that SGGEE might be the right organization to get involved and
initiate an effort.  I  would support any Polish volunteer efforts with a
donation as well. But couldn't key funding come from the German government
? Aren't there organizations in Germany today that have both the interest
and resources to address this issue.

I don't know how wide spread the problem of abused Lutheran cemeteries is.
Some years ago I visited my grandfather's grave in the Lutheran cemetery in
Warsaw and it seemed well maintained. On the other hand in 2013 I tried to
visit the Lutheran cemetery in Nowy Dwor - north of Warsaw near Modlin. The
cemetery was a pile of rubble behind a locked gate. At the time I noticed
that a restoration effort had started in the adjoining Jewish cemetery,
parts of it also still a pile of rubble. I have since learned that
particular restoration effort was started by a US resident and son of a
Holocaust survivor,  David Wluka. He got local support from Nowy Dwor
officials and the Jewish community of Warsaw.

Sig Tullmann