[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Some help with some images

pnswork at aol.com pnswork at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 17:48:23 PDT 2015

Hi Sarah,

    You are very close on many of your assumptions.  Here's some more detail that I can add:

Column 1:  Record number
Column 2:  Christening date and time - 25 April morning at 9:00
Column 3:  Normally the name and age of the father.  However, in this case, a place is also given, implying that the father does not live in the place where the christening took place.  The place name of Marjonowie is followed by what looks like "gem. Janikowie" which would mean a location within or very near Maryanowie. Not sure what the last number means, but it does look like a 97.  Compare the time of the christening with the number, ad there is some doubt about it being a 97. Not sure what it might be, though.  Compare also with the date of the birth.  Might a 57 if the right-hand side of the top half of the numeral is assumed to be a piece of dust of something else no part of the number.  There are several examples of the number 5 elsewhere in the first two entries on the page that show similarities if you discount that faint mark.
Column 4:  godparents.
Column 5:  Gender of the child
Column 6:  date of bith and time; 29 Mar midday 12:00
Column 7: name and age of the mother
Column 8:  Given name of the child
Column 9:  presumably the name of the godmother

The third entry on the page is in a different handwriting, so we can't use anything from that entry for comparison purposes.

Good luck!

    -Paul