[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Permission to emigrate

pnswork at aol.com pnswork at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 21:04:40 PDT 2015

Hi Carol,

When I have found these documents, they have been in the local village archives.  The book where I found these was called the "Inventur und Teilungs Buch" and the local village still had the original.  I am also not aware of any copies made via microfilm for any archive.

However, this was for Wurttemberg, not West Prussia.  Because of the mass expulsion of Germans from West Prussia in 1945, it is likely that many of these records have been lost.  If you can identify the exact village where your ancestor lived, you could try to contact the Polish authorities in that village to see if they have any records from those days.
Good luck!
-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Duff <carolduff at me.com>
To: SGGEE <ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org>
Sent: Sat, Jul 25, 2015 7:54 pm
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Permission to emigrate

In other parts of Germany people were given “Permission to leave” certificates
before they emigrated. Did this happen in West Prussia also and where would I
look for
Ger-Poland-Volhynia site
Ger-Poland-Volhynia at sggee.org

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list