[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Testing 23andme

Carolyn Schott cgschott at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 12:54:49 PST 2015

I'm not an expert, but your 28% of general northern European is consistent
with your German heritage. I believe that these are just genes that occur
throughout northern Europe (including Germany), but don't cluster in a
specific location like German or France.

It's your 6% of eastern European that I find intriguing. I got a similar
result (about 9% eastern European). And while my family lived in eastern
Europe, as far as I can trace genealogically, they were all ethnic Germans.

So I'm not sure how to interpret that little bit of eastern European. A
non-paternal event? Or are there other possibilities?

It's a mystery to me and I haven't figured out what to do to learn more.

Carolyn Schott
Author of "Yes You Yes Now! Visiting Your Ancestral Town"
Follow me on Facebook

Message: 2