[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ciechanowiec LDS holdings

Paul Rakow paul.rakow at cantab.net
Wed Mar 4 11:21:21 PST 2015

  Hello Marcia,

     You asked:

> Poland, Bia?ystok, Ciechanowiec (Siemiatycze) - Church records ( 1 )
>
> (I don?t know why Siemiatycze is listed as being the same place as
> Ciechanowiec as they are separate towns miles apart.)

    It isn't saying that those two towns are the same place - it is
 saying that Ciechanowiec was in the powiat (district) of Siemiatycze,
 (which was true under one of the former ways of dividing up
 Poland).

     According to the catalogue, the Knyszyn Catholic records are
 only for the year 1790, which would be much too early for me
 (my first relatives arrived there in the early 1830s).
 However, perhaps I should order the film, just to check
 whether the catalogue is right, or whether there are more
 years included after 1790.

      Up till now, all the records I have for Knyszyn are from
 the Bialystok Lutheran records.

      However, for Ciechanowiec, there are Catholic records for
 the years that interest you, so they would be worth looking at.
 I'm not sure which language they will be in.

                 Paul Rakow