[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 23andMe

gswilson19 at aol.com gswilson19 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 08:55:29 PDT 2015

I am in no way an expert in this subject, but the Family Finder test on FTDNA is autosomal and I believe will tell you the same as the 23andMe test.  I tested myself at 23andMe and my grt uncle and dads' Y DNA at FTDNA.  I wasn't able to get too far on 23andMe because it seems like at lot of people on their on not there for ancestry and do not reply to your request.  I got the furthest when I finally tested the Family Finder on FTDNA on all 3 of us plus my mom.

Also if you can afford it, I would test all relatives you can.  I have found my mom will match someone (male) and not match this males female sibling.

David Neumann, are you on Gedmatch and if so, what is your #.  I have Neumanns in my line from Volhynia.

Gail