[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Intro & SGGEE questions.

Teresa Loeffler snowleopard84 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:51:25 PDT 2015

 Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a while now, and I thought it might be time to introduce myself...well, that and I have a  question about the SGGEE website that I thought I'd ask here before bothering them.  My name is Teresa Loeffler, and I'm trying to trace my dad's side of the family.  I've been playing around on the website, and have found some interesting things, but I've run into a  puzzle in the maps section.

On the Villages and Maps page there is a link to the Searchable Map Index, and I swear I remember reading somewhere that you didn't have to be a member to use the Search.  Every time I try the Search I get a blank white page as my result.  I've gotten the same result in Explorer and Chrome.  I used Lodz as one of my tries, so I know I should have gotten something.  Has anyone else used this feature?  Have you gotten better results?

Or, is the search feature there but not working yet?  I did read in the description of the Gazetteers that they eventually wanted to make them searchable.  Perhaps this link is that future step?

FWIW, I applied for SGGEE membership today, so hopefully I will have access to the full site soon.  I really want to get a look at the Genealogy database. :-)

Thanks,

Teresa