[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need help with county of birth on a naturalization

Marcia Ritke-Momose mkrm001 at icloud.com
Fri Mar 27 06:00:19 PDT 2015

I could use some help trying to figure out the place name where my g-uncle Johann Karl Gottlieb Baum was from.
Naturalization form states County of “Leniz” Germany.

Gottlieb immigrated to the US in the year 1892 and was naturalized in 1898. He renounces the Emperor of Germany on 22 March 1898 on his naturalization.

Later, in the 1920 census, he states he was born in “Schlasen” (most likely “Schlesien") Germany.

I can scan the documents, but can someone tell me where to upload them?

Thanks in advance.
Marcia Ritke-Momose