[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Intro & SGGEE questions.

Teresa Loeffler snowleopard84 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:40:55 PDT 2015

I should probably rephrase and say I haven't found any villages whose names match the spelling I have.  I have found several villages in the gazetteers that have names similar to the ones I'm looking for, Targewek, and Helendry Schelsuzkie.

The one I can't find anywhere is Gretpuin.  It's possible I'm making an assumption and Gretpuin isn't the name of a town or village.  I'm taking the information from a 1952 copy of a marriage record.  It's not the actual marriage record; it's a form with the information filled in.  The marriage was in 1861.  The groom's birthplace is listed as Targewek bei Gretpuin, and the bride's is listed as Helendry Schelsuzkie bei Gretpuin.  I took that to mean those were very small villages and Gretpuin was the closest larger town/village.  I have tried all of your gazetteers and the SGKP, and can't find anything that looks like it could be Gretpuin.

Thanks for your interest,

Teresa