[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish Archives Bydgoszcz - Evangelisch Lutheran church

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Sat Mar 28 16:09:55 PDT 2015

Hi listmates,

(gswilson passed on the information): Something to be excited about! Polish National Archives Regional Offices in Bydgoszcz and Torun began the process of digitization of their records, starting with roman-catholic books and civil book.

The Bydgoszcz archive also has many of the Evangelisch Lutheran Kirchenbuch images online, not just Roman Catholic and Civil. I have been researching the scanned images of the Bydogoszcz [Bromberg] archives for the past 7-8 months now, and with a user name & password I've been able to see images in cronological order for researching.  When I get really familiar with these I plan to volunteer index them for the archives (big job!)

I access the Lutheran churchbook images for Kcynia [Exin], Szubin [Schubin], and Labiszyn [Labischin], so if anyone has a name & date for those locations I am happy to look it up for you.

With regards from sunny Wisconsin,
Linda Windmoeller