[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 2nd strike::: 1798 birth(?) record from Glogowiec, Skoszewy

Tovarek-Brandt at t-online.de Tovarek-Brandt at t-online.de
Sun Mar 29 06:58:20 PDT 2015

Hello again!

I think that this is a notice for a boy and his baptism/christening. The endings of all latin words in this text are male, not female.

"On the 4th march was baptised the child (may be the oldest boy (?), Infanten (plural) are the title of the children, following on the throne of a king in Spain untill today)) with the name Degoratum, child of the workingman Joseph Nerenberg and Eva, living in a legitimate realationchip. (They where a married couple and so the child was not a bastard.)"

Now it get`s realy difficult:

"Elevated (worn ?)and in deed (realy, in fact ?) dived (dipped ?) into the spring (or baptismal font ?) by Andreas Wierz, (speaking or doing the exoiatus (exoratus is the intercession) and Marianna Celbnrowna ??? Christopher..."

In the traditional church, not the parents are going/had gone with the baby on the arm to the spring/or baptismal font, but those, we call "Pateneltern" or shortform "Paten". I think, "godparents" is the english word for it.

And so you may have a special kind of film in your brain, what has happend so much years ago...

Sorry, my englisch ist not as good, as it should be, so many years since my walking to shool had passed!

 Yours

Jürgen Brandt

-----Original-Nachricht-----