[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The Eastern Front in 1915

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:11:22 PDT 2015

Trolling on the web,

A tale of a man searching for his grandfather who was killed on the Eastern
Front during WWI  - interesting because the battle info will have certainly
had an impact on those ethnic Germans (like my families) who were deported
to Siberia in 1915.....  Now if only I could find where my grandmother's
brother, Adolf Baier, who was drafted into the Russian army was
buried......Hospitalized at one point, family legend has it that one of the
royal Russian princesses visited the hospital and gave him a coin...truth
or legend?  No one has the coin and the family was shortly after deported
to Siberia.....

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2015/05/10/looking-for-my-grandfather-on-the-eastern-front.html

Helen