[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Some worthwhile sites

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 20:02:35 PST 2015

To the List:

More trolling and a really interesting site that has so much information
about sources in Germany and German genealogy in general.  Worth sifting
through the links too

http://www.many-roads.com/

I'm still wading through the information.

Further trolling.....

Michael J. Anute published a book called *East Prussians from Russia  *which
I found partly digitized on Ancestry. He outlines the history of his
Baptist ancestors who went from first eastwards from East Prussia TO
Wolhynia in Russia, then Westwards to America to settle in Wisconsin and
North Dakota.
For those who expressed an interest in how life was for our ancestors, he
has some great chapters.  I found the book partly digitized on Google - but
only the first 7 chapters are on line - but they are the ones relating to
these Germans moving to Wolhynia.

https://books.google.ca/books/about/East_Prussians_from_Russia.html?id=YIl7VIS3yHwC&redir_esc=y

Happy hunting...

Helen