[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Search death record an birth registrationTimm

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:31:21 PDT 2015

Ilona,

To follow up on Amy and Rose's response, the birth registration is actually
a LATE registration for Michael Timm's birth in 1935 - a late birth
registration sworn to by an uncle Gustav Fiedler that he was in the home at
the time of the birth and that the father was deceased.  Note also that if
Gustav Fiedler Sr. is 38 years older than the child (in 1935), he too would
have been a child. The 1901 census for Humberstone Township, County of
Welland in Ontario shows both Bartz and Fiedler families and there are two
Gustave Fiedlers:  father and son aged  40 and 9. So in 1899, he would have
been 7.

http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census/View.jsp?id=107368&highlight=34&desc=1901+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Gustav+Fiedle%3F

Gustave Fiedler Jr. was born in 1891 and his mother's maiden name was Bartz:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FM7D-X4W
so they are related by marriage.

In searching for a marriage of Louisa Bartz and Michael Timm, I found:
curiously, a *Louisa Bartz of Buffalo and a Sidney Leonard Reilly also of
Buffalo *were married in TORONTO, Ontario, Canada in *1911*.  She is aged
25. (in 1899 she would have been about 13) Note the unusual disclaimer re
their marriage in Toronto rather than in Buffalo. (Buffalo is about 160 km
or 100 miles from Toronto.) Her father is listed as Fred Bartz.  Louisa and
her Bartz family are found in the *1900* US census in Buffalo where she is
listed as age 14.   But no baby Michael.  A teenage mother? Did she give
him away?

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KS83-KQV

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MSXV-TGX

Is this Louisa Bartz who married Sidney Reilly in 1911 perhaps the mother
of Michael Timm?

Helen