[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FREIGANG family

Richard Benert benovich at live.com
Wed Oct 14 11:26:19 PDT 2015

I'm not sure whether this will help or only mislead, but there is scanty
information about a Johann Freigang (born in Dombie in 1845) and his brother
Samuel in my article about Volhynian Baptists in St. Paul, MN in the June,
2008 SGGEE Journal at notes 9 and 22.  Edith (Krebs) Riske provided this
information to me.  Her mother-in-law was Lydia (Freigang) Riske, a daughter
of Johann Freigang. The Krebs, Riske and Freigang families lived at one time
in Novo Rudnia, Volhynia, moved to West Prussia in 1906 and a few of their
members made appearances in St. Paul.  Whether any of them were related to
Tammy Jochman's Gustav Freigang, I cannot say, but Dombie and St. Paul enter
into both stories.

Dick Benert