[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Guide to Getting Alien Files on US immigrants

Vera Miller equalityforall at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:59:09 PDT 2015

Hello all!

Alien Files are gems if you are researching relatives who came to the USA during WWII and shortly afterwards.

I give a sneak peak into one Alien File for a cousin by marriage here- http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/an-inside-look-into-u-s-national-archives-best-research-gem-for-wwii-era-immigrants/ to give an idea how much information can be amassed on one person.

These files are available on immigrants of all backgrounds.

If you  are interested in obtaining Alien Files on your relatives, I explain how to easily get the files in three ways, which is based on immigrant birth dates and Alien Numbers (found a naturalization records. Those who were not naturalized also have Alien Files.)

http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/guide-for-success-in-obtaining-alien-case-files/

Happy searching!

Vera