[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Palno, Germany

Earl Schultz earschz63 at outlook.com
Fri Sep 25 12:11:11 PDT 2015

Here is what I think is a tough question.  A DNA match between several of
us and a US resident has his ancestors born in Palno, Germany.  It does
not show up on any map and we¹re stuck as to where it could be.  The other
location tied to this family is Bussin, Germany.

Now it is likely that one or two generations earlier one of his lines
would have to go to Poland and specifically the Torun, Rypin, Lipno area.
I¹ve found Bussin in Germany but the distance makes me wonder if that is
likely although it is possible that someone went that far from Poland.
But to find the birth records, we need to find Palno, Germany.  The name
Palno comes from USA records including the death notice and several other
US sources.  I am not sure what the immigration records says but it
certainly did not provide any further clues.

I am aware of Buszyn, Poland but it also seems a bit far away but the
pronunciation would be the same as Bussin.

Any help is really appreciated.

Earl