[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] What was the German Embassy for Volhynia?

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:35:00 PDT 2016

Hi list

I would imagine that a few or many Germans who wanted to maintain a
connection to Germany would contact\report to a nearby German Embassy or
Consulate.

After the unification in 1870, all Germans living outside Germany were
required to register (Matrikel) to their conuslate\embassy every 10 years
in order to maintain their citizenhip and I'm sure many of them, aware of
the law, would have done so.

Many embassies keep an archive of their Matrikel to this day, at least this
is true for the German Embassy in Brazil which can do lookups on these
archives. This could be a good source of genealogical information.

For the specific settlers in Volhynia, what was their "official" Embassy?
Kiev? Moscow? A Polish one?

I'd like to know more specifically between 1870 and 1913 but I can't find
any information about that.

Regards