[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Antonowka records

DLPratt123 at aol.com DLPratt123 at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 09:57:49 PDT 2016

The SGGEE website provides a hyperlink to Antonowka records  1868-1904
under Wladimir-Wolhynsk.  Deaths, births, and marriages are  all found in a
single set of AGAD scans.  While searching for an event that  took place in
western Volhynia, I came across the death record of my  great-great-grandfather
August Kujat and several other records pertinent to my  family.  The death
records contain numerous references to people born in  Antonowka in the Rowno
district.  Much of my family is known to have lived  in places like Kurhany
near Antonowka, which lies northeast of Rowno and west of  Berezno.  So if
your ancestors lived there at the time of these records,  you may want to
check them out.  Who knows, we may be related.

The records are in German and the handwriting is worse than mine.  One
record peripheral to my family is already in one SGGEE database, so I suppose
the Antonowka records are church records and the other record is a civil
record  from Zhitomir.  Most of the records are not in our databases so far as
I  have been able to tell.

Dan Pratt