[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Off Topic: Help Interpreting old German Letter Engraved in Silver

Peter (chamdo4ever) chamdo4ever at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 09:09:28 PST 2016

Many thanks to everyone who replied here on the list, over on Dropbox,
and to me privately.

The unanimous consensus is that it is a letter "F" -- and frankly, I
don't disagree. My Father always felt it was an "S" through the day he
died.

The trouble with it being an "F" as opposed to an "S," is that I have
no idea how it fits into my family genealogically. The silver has been
in the family for at least four or five generations and the "S" makes
complete and total sense in that regard. Being an "F" does not at
all... in fact, it opens up a very significant mystery.

Anyhow, many thanks to all those who replied.

Happy Holidays,

Peter