[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "Lost" Villages

Caroline Brymora carolinebrymora at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:24:03 PST 2016

Hello Frank

I am not familiar with the gazetteer, I looked it up and it does not
include the villages from my area.

But searched to try to figure out what "lost" means for you.

"3.9. Villages no longer existing, (lost): when a village does not
exist anymore, one should enter in parentheses the word “lost”. We do
not need any direction to the next village (last version of the
guideline) as we have the coordinates that best define the position of
the location. Examples: Nicpon (lost), Kolo, Wielkopolskie, Poland
Cezaryn (Cesarin/lost), Lutsk Volyn Ukraine"

This is from document:
https://www.sggee.org/research/location_guidelines.pdf - these seem to
be instructions for adding to the database?

Cheers

Caroline (far off in Australia where we are having a heatwave for
christmas/newyear)

--
Caroline