[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German speakers from Aalsce/Lorraine to Volhenia

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 18:36:08 PST 2016

Hi Kenneth,

As you know, the name Mroch is quite rare and not only in Volhynian
records so far available to us. But you might want to explore some
information closer than Alsace Lorraine. Looking on the
www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl site, you can search by surname. Although
there are a very few Mroch individuals in other provinces, there are
many in Pomorskie, i.e. Pommerania/Pommern:

B/D/M: pomorskie     65     53     61  out of   80     63     68 for ALL
provinces that they have indexed. Many of our ancestors, immigrated to
this region in northern Poland from areas further west in Germany, but
their descendents kept moving south and east for land ownership and
other reasons until they settled further south in Russian Poland or
Volhynia. I don't see an Alwine there, but there are more Mroch families
than in any other region.

May this give you some hope to keep looking.
Sigrid Pohl Perry