[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RES: German speakers from Aalsce/Lorraine to Volhenia

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:17:02 PST 2016

I'm in the same condition, Gary.
I don't know where to go next...

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ger-Poland-Volhynia [mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at sggee.org] Em
nome de Kenneth Browne
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2016 22:02
Para: Gary Tober <getober at hotmail.com>; ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org
Assunto: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German speakers from Aalsce/Lorraine to
Volhenia

On 02/15/2016 03:21 PM, Gary Tober wrote:
> Given that there was no historically large movement from the German
speaking French areas, the possibility cannot simply be swept away.
I  can't comment on most of Gary's post but the mention of Alsace Lorraine
struck a nerve. My ggf was a German born in Rozhysche and married to Alvine
(or Irina, or Alwine) Mroch (or Mrock) and my first family lore reference to
my ggm indicated that she was from Alsace Lorraine.
I have
found no trace of her or her parents, ancestors in Europe. Only
documentation I have on her is U.S. census, her Cook County Illinois death
record, and her name on birth certificates of her children.

I have a wedding photo of my ggparents but nothing else about ggm Alvine's
origins.

There's an Alsatian-American list on rootsweb but I've only had some
tantalyzing posts that proved unfruitful.

I don't give up but just don't know where to go next.

--
Kenneth Browne researching: BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLUFF LACHMANN RUSSELL
MORSE PETTENGILL NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE
Ger-Poland-Volhynia at sggee.org