[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FamilySearch posted records for the Lublin area

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 08:16:49 PST 2016

I can't remember if I sent this notice to the listserv before but FamilySearch has recently posted online a number of evangelical records from Poland. The largest collection appears to come from Lublin, something many of us have waited for since the church in Lublin changed their pastor and communication became difficult. Here is the link for records for the Lutheran parishes:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-899H-ZSQF-L?mode=g&owc=QZW1-3TY%3A1588932888%2C1588932897%3Fcc%3D2564996&wc=QZW1-Q47%3A1588932888%2C1588932897%2C1588932896%2C1589087959%3Fcc%3D2564996&cc=2564996

It will be almost impossible to search these records using their system since the towns listed there usually have no relevance to where the events occurred. The SGGEE Lublin database search utility is the best way to find records of interest. It is possible since these records are now public the database search may soon become only available to SGGEE members.

Interestingly FamilySearch also posted Baptist records from this area, the first I realized that Baptist records actually were still in existence. The link to those Baptist records is below. The major drawback is that virtually everything is in Cyrillic but it seems most books have indexes at the end. I guess its time for the Baptist descendants to start learning Cyrillic.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-899H-ZSQF-L?owc=QZW1-QWM%3A1589088087%2C1588932897%3Fcc%3D2564996&wc=QZW1-Q47%3A1588932888%2C1588932897%2C1588932896%2C1589087959%3Fcc%3D2564996&cc=2564996

Karl