[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pomeranian colonists 1754

Beatrix Hughes beatrix.hughes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:35:46 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I just finished reading a very interesting article that was posted to the
Black Sea Germans website and thought I would share it here. I believe that
many of my relatives moved to Russian Poland from Pomerania but I don't
have any solid proof yet. This article is a treasure trove of information
and lists names of colonists who settled in Pommerania in the 1750s. I
didn't have much luck finding my names but hopefully there is someone on
this list that can!
It is such a great read and gives so much insight into their villages. I
love how some of the colonists have notes beside their names like "prone to
drunkeness" or "bad farmer".

http://www.blackseagr.org/pdfs/konrad/Pomeranian%20Colonies%20and%20Colonists%20-%201754.pdf

(If the link doesn't work go to the Black Sea Germans site and find the
research section and click on "Before South Russia - --Poland" "Research"
"Resettlement" and find Colonists from Pomerania)