[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Double letters

Rudi Jedan ruedan at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 15:56:03 PST 2016

Eduardo, a dash or tilde over letters like m or n is a sign of repetition.
It is used since the former latin script changed to german writing, especially
in the german Kurrent writing, were the mm and nn letters had a bad
reading effect, especially, when the text is written in a fast way. I gave you
to examples:

bad or fast written:

and clearly written:

Rudi Jedan