[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fwd: New Book on German Mennonite roots

GABRIELE GOLDSTONE ggoldstone1 at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 4 10:31:57 PDT 2016

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "GABRIELE GOLDSTONE" <ggoldstone1 at shaw.ca>
To: "Helen Gillespie" <gilleh23 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 12:22:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Book on German Mennonite roots

Great link, Helen! Thanks for sharing.
The Russian Mennonites share a lot of troubled history with
the German Volhynians. I've been invited me to do book signings
at the Mennonite Heritage Village in Steinbach, Manitoba on August 1st.
The village features a windmill that's not quite what my grandfather's would
have been like, but still very interesting.
Both my books Red Stone and Broken Stone feature kulaks and have much
in common with Mennonite histories.

Another must-read about those times featuring Mennonites is Sandra Birdsell's
The Russlander. Published back in 2001.
gabe