[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where is Fietznie?

Beth Burke mackzie at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 15:06:36 PDT 2016

I have newly found family related to my grandmother, Berta Lieske Friedrich.  They are the granddaughters of Berta's sister, Florentine Lieske Oelke (Ernst Adolf Oelke).  Three live here in the US, one is in Horka, Germany and the other is in Berlin.

One of Florentine and Ernst's sons, Siegfried Oelke, was killed during WWII and is buried in Bourdon, France.  I was able to get information about his death and burial through the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorge e.V.

It lists Siegfried's birth place as Fietznie.  I've checked everything I am aware of to figure out where Fietznie is, but to no avail.  According to one my new American 2nd cousins, her father was also born in Fietznie.

Any suggestions?

Beth Burke
Verona, WI