[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Siegfried Oelke

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:06:50 PDT 2016

Beth,

There is an organisation that lists German soldiers who were killed during
previous wars but this link is for the Second World War only:
http://www.volksbund.de/index.php?id=1551
<http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche.html>

It's still only in German, but they are working on the English version
apparently.  Type in what you know in the boxes . And they require your
relationship to the deceased!  So no browsing.....
Be aware that burial locations for all the fallen are not available as so
many who died in Russia were never located although they may have been
reported as missing. Other records were lost in POW camps, in transport, or
goodness knows where.  Records are still being sought.
The more info you have, the easier the search.

Good luck

Helen