[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jannowitz, Prussia is now ?

Dick Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Wed Mar 16 19:07:19 PDT 2016

Charlotte,

Garbe is not a common name but the village name Janowitz or similar are
common.  Volhynia records (1885 and earlier) have two Garbe families.
Gustav Garbe / Bertha Ziebart had 5 children born 1876 to 1885 in Heimtal
parish, and Johann Garbe / Wilhelmine Riemer had a son born in 1883 in
Zhitomir parish.  Do you know if either family is yours?  If so, that would
be a start.

Dick Stein