[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] assistance with place names

Omar Welke omar_welke at bell.net
Thu Mar 17 06:01:38 PDT 2016

Thank you all for the very good guidance.

I think I have nailed down the places.

By the by, I am looking into a possible lead for the births of my
Ggggrandfather/Ggggrandmother and part of their family in this area.

Gottfryd (Friedrich) Krebs -- born about 1819  Dambrowa, Gostynin.  Farmer
in Nadbiel in 1861.

Anna (Karoline) Kuhn -- born about 1818 Georgenthal, Gostynin

Married 23 Nov 1836 Gostynin

Children:

Karolina Krebs -- born 19 Apr 1840 Holendry, Sokolowski, Gostynin

Anna Justine Krebs -- born 20 Mar 1843 Holendry, Sokolowski, Gostynin

I would gather that if any records of this family could be found they would
be part of the Gostynin Parish? And was the Gostynin area a transit point
for families moving east. If these are my Ggggrandparents, they moved on to
the Nadbiel/Radzymin/Warchau area between 1843 and 1846, the year August
Krebs was born in Nadbiel (birth record and translation graciously provided
by Jan Textor some years ago) .

My own Gggrandfather Gottlieb Krebs, their first child I presume, was born
December 27, 1837 in an unknown location. His name and parentage come from a
family bible .. verified as authentic by my Grandmother Adolfine Krebs
(Welke)

Cheers

Omar