[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] last names?

Dave Krause davidekrause at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:49:30 PDT 2016

Hi all;
I recently found out (through Ancestry.com) that I may have a Jewish
connection through my last name - Krause.  But today I saw Sandra Braun
(May 7 post) request help with a Polish translation for a Tobias Kraus.
Someone then spelled Tobias Krause in part of a response.
Does anyone care to comment on the addition of the "e" at the end of a
name?  What would the addition do - besides add a sylable to the
pronounciation. Kraus vs Krau za.  Just very curious! Thanks for any