[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] First look at SGGEE convention program topics

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:41:51 PDT 2016

Hello all: The SGGEE convention committee is pleased to announce this
preliminary look at the program for the Calgary meeting in July. We'll
provide the final program and speaker bios when all the information has
been received. Two of our speakers are coming from Ukraine.

The convention hotel info and registration form are available on sggee.org
and the SGGEE Facebook page. The weekend agenda also includes the Annual
General Meeting for SGGEE and our evening banquet on Saturday as well as
the research room where you can talk with others about your research
efforts. Hope to see you there!

   - Genealogy 101 and online resources
   - Volhynian church and religious life
   - Getting children and youth interested in genealogy
   - Conserving your family treasures
   - Intro to DNA and applying it to genealogy
   - German community in Volhynian cities
   - Changing map in Europe
   - Using maps in genealogy research
   - Family history toolkit