[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Henkel/Michaliewicz in Lutsk

Carole rschlesselman at comcast.net
Mon May 16 13:02:48 PDT 2016

Are there Lutheran church records translated for Lutsk area for years about
1885 through 1907?

The following children of Ludwig Henkel and Franciska (nee Michaliewicz):

Carl Henkel, born August 15, 1901 - family Bible says born in Russia, Canada
census says born in Lutsk

Marie Henkel, born July 30, 1906 - family Bible says born in Russia, Canada
census says born in Lutsk

If I could find records of these births/baptisms perhaps the marriage record
of my grandparents, Ludwig Henkel and Franciska Michaliewicz, could be
found.  I have no date or location for their marriage but assume it was
before 1901 and could be Lutsk area since that is where their first child,
Carl, was born.

Franciska Michaliewicz was born January 15, 1881 in Tyszyca (or Tyszmienca),
Galicia to Johann Michaliewicz and Marie Tuczek.   Her baptism was in
Josefow on April 11, 1881.  The birth certificate I have for Franciska is
puzzling.  It is an English translation supposedly done in Ashern, Manitoba
after my grandparents came to Canada.  (I would be happy to scan and e-mail
a copy if you write me personally)  It states birth and baptism are in
Josefow records, Book 5, Page 75, No. 32 of the year 1881.  It was certified
at the office of the Evangelical Church Congregation at Josefow on the 30th
of April, 1900 by Rev. F. Wagner.  The minister listed for the baptism
Moritz or Ledemann.  I'm not sure what Josefow this is.  Witnesses are
Daniel Depner (landowner) and Valentina Breuer (landowner).  I have been
unable to find any information on her father, Johann Michaliewicz - no
birth, marriage to Marie Tuczek, or death records.   However her mother,
Marie Tuczek, was born Sept. 6, 1844 in Czermin to Johann Tuczek and Anna
Prowaznik.  I do not know if Franciska had siblings.  I suspect not as a
cousin said "Grandma Francis" mentioned that when she was young she
travelled to Vienna with her mother as her mother was a maid for a wealthy
family.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Carole (Henkel) Schlesselman