[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kolonia Lissowska

Darel Paul darel.e.paul at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:18:57 PDT 2016

I have a geography puzzle I am hoping folks here can help me put together.

I have a strong suspicion that my three times great-grandmother Magdalena
Eberhard was born c1811 in the village of Kolonia Lissowska. I have found
two other girls with the same parents born around the same time in this
village. Unfortunately I am having some trouble figuring out where this
village is (was) located.

An 1809 birth record from Szymanowice parish (Catholic) shows that
Chrystyna Eberchardt, daughter of Jakob Eberchardt and Małgorzata Roza, was
born in the village of Kolonia Lissowska.

An 1833 marriage record from Grodziec parish (Lutheran) shows Anna Barbara
Eberhart, age 18 (born c1815), daughter of Jakob Eberhart and Małgorzata
Russ, married Augustyn Maj in the village of Kolonia Lissowska. Anna was
also born in Kolonia Lissowska and lived there at the time of her marriage.
Her father was a schoolteacher (nauczyciel) in the village.

Unfortunately there is no such village to be found in the SGGEE
Congress-Poland gazetteer. I looked at the "Słownik geograficzny Królestwa
Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich" and couldn't find the village there
either. However I did find one named Lisewska kolonia located 25 versts
from Słupca in Słupca county, Dłusk commune, Zagórów parish.

http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_V/302

Alternately, Kolonia Lissowska could refer to the larger village of Lissewo
(Lisewo in Polish), also located in Słupca county, Dłusk commune, but in
Szymanowice parish. This would make more sense of the 1809 birth record. It
would also make sense of Anna's father in that the Lutheran church
maintained a school and bethaus in Lissewo since the days this region
formed part of "South Prussia" after the Second Partition of Poland.

Does anyone know Kolonia Lissowska?

Darel

~~~~~

Darel E. Paul