[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translation Help

Manfred Hensel manfred.hensel at koeln.de
Thu May 26 01:33:41 PDT 2016

Am 26.05.2016 um 07:24 schrieb Waldemar Kowalski:
> WER GOT FORTRVET DER HAT WOLGEBVET. ANNO 1602.
> MIT GOTTES HVLFEE GOS MICH CHRISTOF OLDENDORF ZV DANZIG.
>
> This is the text of inscription on a non-existent church bell (from the
> 1887 magazine).
>
> Can someone translate it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Wally

Wally,

today´s german:
"Wer Gott vertraut, hat wohl gebaut. Anno 1602
Mit Gottes Hilfe goss mich Christoph Oldendorf zu Danzig"

that means:
"Who trust in God, has well built  ("built" is the synonymic to "decided" )
With the help of God I was cast by Christoph Oldendorf in Danzig"

(bell founder in Danzig living)

Manfred

--
Manfred Hensel