[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Your inquiry regarding Volhynia

Dick Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Tue Nov 15 10:24:59 PST 2016

Hello Kathryn,

The genealogy group Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe (SGGEE) specializes in Germans in Volhynia and Poland.  See the website  www.sggee.org
There is a huge searchable database of births, marriages, and deaths called the VKP database at https://www.sggee.org/research/PublicDatabases.html
There are also maps showing locations of German villages, unfortunately available only to members.  There are villages named Kasimirowka and Romansdorf just northeast of Zhitomir and west of Kiev.

I hope this helps you get started.  You may want to consider joining SGGEE if your people are from Volhynia.

Dick Stein