[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 2017 convention update: It's filling up quickly!

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:51:32 PST 2016

Hello all: As previously reported, SGGEE is combining its 2017 convention
with a new, international group focused on German genealogy no matter where
those Germans lived.

This International German Genealogy Partnership has grown quickly to
include a number of societies around the world.

At least one SGGEE member is among the 40 speakers giving 70 presentations
in multiple tracks over the three days of the conference, July 28-29-30 in
Minneapolis, MN. The weekend will include evening social events, research
rooms, an exhibitors hall where vendors will market genealogy-related
products and other activities.

The required SGGEE annual membership meeting will be held at the
conference, so we need our members to attend this special event.

But don't wait to make your hotel reservations. The interest is so great,
rooms at the conference hotel are sold out. Rooms at other local hotels
have been arranged at a conference rate, and you can find that information
on the SGGEE convention page:
https://sggee.org/convention/convention_news.html

Registration will open in January. The registration fee for partner society
members -- which includes all SGGEE members -- will be $225 before April 1
(slightly higher if you are not a partner society member).It will increase
to $299 after March 31. The fee covers the conference activities, other
than food events (which will be priced and reserved separately). We'll
provide the link for the registration site as soon as it's available.

The organizers are now saying it's possible that registrations will exceed
available seats, which means hundreds of people in one place with the same
interest in German genealogy!

This event is unique, and we encourage our members to participate.

BTW, if you are an SGGEE member or interested in becoming a member, now's
the time to take care of that. Find more information on our membership
page: https://sggee.org/about_us/membership.html.

Let us know if you have questions about the convention or membership.

Edie Adam
SGGEE president