[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German abbreviations

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Mon Oct 17 09:47:11 PDT 2016

Hi all -

Here's from the german terms list:

Starb Kinderlos (died without issue) -- the translation might sound to a
beginner genealogist like the person died a peaceful death without
complications, but Kinder means child, thus: died childless.  Also, "no
issue" in a marriage means no children born.

Is there an abrieviation for Zwillingen (twins)?  I think I've seen: Zwill.

Enjoy the autumn leaves!
Linda in Wisconsin