[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "Residence" field in Volynia birth record

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:36:18 PDT 2016

Hello all, I've joined My Heritage to test the range of records they offer.

A search of the Russian B-M-D records pops up a result I recognize. Johann
Adam, born 1843 from the Shitomir St. Pete records. This is my great-uncle
and I have assumed that the family lived in Volhynia based on this.

But on My Heritage and Family Search, this identical record includes a
field named "Residence" and the information for 1843 is Andropshina,
Tsarskoe Selo, Sanktpeterburg, Russia. I've seen the image (before they
were taken down) and don't remember anything that looked like St.
Petersburg.

Does anyone know if "residence" literally means where they were living or
is a reference to something else? I see this same "residence" in other
records for this early period in Volhynia.

Thanks for any help.

Edie Adam